Nail fungus can often go unnoticed until it gets bad. You may not spot it until you start seeing telltale signs like nail discolouration or crumbling. While it can be a stubborn problem, knowing the best way to get rid of nail fungus can help.
What Is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is a fairly common fungal infection. It may start out on just one nail and then spread to the others. It often begins with a yellow/white spot beneath the finger or toenail tip.
Symptoms Of Nail Fungus
Those with nail fungus may notice these symptoms of the fungal nail infection:
- Thickening of the infected nails
- Crumbly nails
- Brittle nails
- Discolouration of the nails (whitish ranging to yellowish-brown)
- Ragged nails
- Nails that lose their shape and appear distorted in some way
- Darker nails as the debris builds up beneath each nail
How To Manage And Cure Nail Fungus
The first steps to treating a nail fungus infection involve cleaning the area and trimming the nails. The infected nail can be cut to keep it as short as possible. A dermatologist can also scrape off some debris that’s lodged under the infected nail. These steps help remove some amount of the fungus.
Next, you may have to use medication applied directly to the nails on a daily or weekly basis (as directed by your doctor), for several months as your nails grow out and uninfected new nails replace the old infected ones. For those with very severe infections, oral antifungal medication may also be prescribed.
Take these additional precautions to fully cure nail fungus:
- Always wash your hands before and after you touch an infected nail whether to clean it or to apply medication.
- Always dry your feet well, taking care to wipe properly between the toes.
- Skip manicures and pedicures till the infection is gone to avoid spreading it to others. And stick to using only hygienic and reputed salons for future pedicures/manicures to avoid reinfection.
- You may not be allowed to use nail polish until the treatment is complete – check with your doctor.
- Never go barefoot in public areas like swimming pools, locker rooms, and gyms.
Effective Antifungal Remedies For Fungal Skin Infections
If you have a fungal skin infection, an antifungal remedy like an antifungal cream or antifungal powder can be helpful. Clocip cream is an effective treatment for fungal skin infections like ringworm and Athlete’s Foot. Apply this topical antifungal remedy to stop the spread of the infection – it acts by killing the fungus, eliminating the issue at its source. You should feel an easing of symptoms like itchiness; rashes and blisters if any will also clear up in a few days to a couple of weeks. However, the cream must be used for the entire course as recommended to prevent the problem from flaring up again. For Athlete’s Foot, the antifungal dusting powder – Clocip powder – can be used to keep your feet dry and fungal infection-free.
Order Clocip cream and Clocip powder from a pharmacy online or offline. These antifungal treatments are a tried and tested way to control a range of skin fungal infections and clear up symptoms effectively.