In its early days, scalp fungus isn’t as immediately visible as some other fungal skin infections but is no less uncomfortable. Left unchecked, it could also lead to bald patches on the head where the hair falls out due to the spread of the fungal infection. This is why it is important to treat this kind of fungal skin infection as quickly as possible. We show you how.
What Is Scalp Fungus?
Scalp fungus or tinea capitis is a type of ringworm infection of the scalp. Ringworm, despite the name, isn’t caused by a worm but by a type of fungus. It is a very contagious infection and spreads easily between people in close quarters – particularly children. If the infection is especially bad or left untreated for a length of time, it could result in severe inflammation of the scalp and permanent hair loss and scars.
Symptoms Of Scalp Fungus
Some of the most common signs of scalp fungus are:
- Patches of hair loss
- Easy breakage of hair
- Black stubs/dots where the hair grows
- Redness on the scalp
- Scaliness of the scalp
- Large crusty masses called kerion (in severe cases)
- Permanent hair loss (in severe cases)
- Scarring (in severe cases)
How To Manage And Cure Scalp Fungus
Your doctor may prescribe an oral medicine for fungal infection depending on the type of fungus causing the problem. A topical antifungal remedy like an antifungal shampoo or antifungal cream are also added to the therapy. Also, remember to take the following precautions to cure scalp fungus completely:
- Once you begin treatment, always wash your towels in hot and soapy water. Dry them in the sun.
- Do not share towels, bedsheets and pillows, brushes, hats, combs, and even helmets with anyone else if you are infected.
- Soak and clean all combs and brushes used by the infected person properly every day.
- The antifungal medication and treatment must be taken for as long as prescribed by the doctor even if the visible signs of the condition go away. If you stop taking it too soon, it can cause the problem to come back.
Antifungal Remedies For Other Skin Fungal Infections
Fungal infections can sometimes spread to other parts of the body if you are not careful. If that happens, you should use a reliable antifungal cream or antifungal lotion to cure the skin fungal infection as soon as possible before it gets worse and spreads even further. Clocip cream is an effective antifungal cream that is applied topically to the patches of skin where there are signs of a fungal infection. It clears up the rashes, blisters, discolouration, and other visible signs of fungal skin infections, while also easing itchiness and discomfort. If the fungal infection spreads to your feet, Clocip dusting powder is another useful antifungal remedy to keep handy. This antifungal dusting powder can be used on your feet to keep them dry and stop fungal growth.
Clocip cream and Clocip powder are useful for many different types of fungal skin infections. Use them to gently but effectively treat the problem so that you don’t have to live with the constant discomfort a fungal infection brings. Pick up the products at a pharmacy near you.